Friday, April 23, 2010

How to remove My Security Engine (Removal guide)

My Security Engine is a new rogue antispyware from the same family of rogues as Security Guard, CleanUp Antivirus, etc.

HijackThis shows My Security Engine infection:
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [My Security Engine] “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{random}\MS{random}.exe” /s /d



What My Security Engine does

My Security Engine is not a legitimate security tool. It looks like a normal antispyware tool, but in reality, this program can not remove viruses, trojans, etc., nor will be protect your computer from legitimate future infections. My Security Engine created with one purpose to trick you into purchasing the full version of the software.

My Security Engine is promoted and installed through the use of trojans. When the trojan is activated, it will download and install the rogue onto your computer without your permission and knowledge.

My Security Engine - process of scanning

During installation, My Security Engine will configure itself to run automatically every time when your computer starts. After that, it will create several files on your computer, which later, during the scan, will detect as infections. These fake infection can only be removed with a full version of the program. Obviously, such results are a fraud, the program want to scare you into thinking that your computer is infected with malicious software.

While My Security Engine is running, it will flood your computer with fake security alert and notifications from Windows task bar. Furthermore, the rogue may disable Task Manager, block antivirus and antispyware tools from running and hijack Internet Explorer so, that it will display various misleading notifications about phishing websites and other security threats.

As you can see, My Security Engine is absolutely useless and what is more, even dangerous software. Most importantly, do not purchase it. Instead, please use the removal guide below and remove My Security Engine from your computer manually for free.

How to remove My Security Engine


Use the My Security Engine removal instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment