Windows Internet Guard is distributed through the use of trojans. When the trojan is started, it will download and install the rogue onto your PC.
Immediately after start, Windows Internet Guard will be configured to run automatically every time when your computer starts. After that, it will simulate a system scan and "detect" a lot of infections. It will say, that all of these infections can only be removed only with a full version of the program.
Obviously, such results are a fraud, the program want to scare you into thinking that your computer is infected with malicious software.
Moreover, while Windows Internet Guard is running, it will flood your computer with fake security alerts and notifications from Windows task bar. Some of the fake alerts are:
Warning! Identity theft attempt detected
Hidden connection IP: 22.214.171.124
Target: Microsoft Corporation keys
Warning! Virus detected
Last, but not least, the rogue may disable Task Manager, block legitimate antivirus and antispyware software from running.
As you can see, Windows Internet Guard is absolutely useless and what is more, even dangerous software. Most importantly, do not purchase it. Instead, please use the steps below to remove this malware from your computer for free.
Windows Internet Guard removal steps1. Reboot your computer in Safe mode with command prompt.
2. Once your computer loaded, the Windows Command Prompt will open and you will see a black window - Command Prompt. Type
explorer.exePress Enter. Your Windows desktop will now appear.
3. Run Notepad and write the text below to Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00Save this as wig_fix.reg to your Desktop (Remember, in Save dialog, select Save as file type: All files). Double Click wig_fix.reg and click YES for confirm. Reboot your computer in Normal Windows mode.
4. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When installation is complete, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
5. Once the program has loaded you will see a screen like below.
6. Select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. When the scan is done, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. You will see a list of malware that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware found on your computer. Note: list of malware may be different than what is shown in the screen below.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - lists of malicious software
7. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. Once disinfection is finished, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.