Essential Cleaner is promoted and installed via trojans. Once started, it will be configured to start automatically every time when the system loads.
Once started, Essential Cleaner will begin a fake system scan and detect a lot of viruses that can only be removed with a full version of the program. Important to note, all of these viruses are a fake and don`t actually exist on your computer. Obviously, such results are a fraud, the program want to scare you into thinking that your computer is infected with malicious software.
While Essential Cleaner is running, it will flood your computer with fake security alerts and notifications from Windows task bar. All the alerts are totally fabricated and must by no means be trusted!
As you can see, Essential Cleaner is absolutely useless and what is more, even dangerous software. Most importantly, do not purchase it. Instead, please use the removal steps below to remove Essential Cleaner from your computer for free.
How to remove Essential Cleaner virus1. Reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking by doing the following:
- reboot your computer;
- after hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8;
- instead of Windows loading as normal, Windows Advanced Options menu should appear;
- select second option Safe mode with networking and then press ENTER.
2. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Double click mbam-setup-[version].exe to install the application. When installation is complete, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
3. Once the program has loaded you will see a screen like below.
4. Select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. When the scan is done, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. You will see a list of malware that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware found on your computer. Note: list of malware may be different than what is shown in the screen below.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - lists of malicious software
5. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. Once disinfection is finished, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
If the instructions does not help you, then ask for help in the Spyware removal forum.
Essential Cleaner associated filesWindows 7/Vista
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[RANDOM]
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe