What Malware Protection doesMalware Protection is distributed with the help of trojans that come from various misleading websites. When the trojan is started, it will install this malware. On first run, the rogue configures itself to start automatically when Windows loads. Next, the fake antivirus will simulate a system scan and list a lot of false infections that actually does not exist!
Malware Protection will state that your computer is infected with adware, trojans, worms or malware with one purpose - to scare you into thinking that your PC in danger. Obviously, such results are a fraud, so you can freely ignore them.
While Malware Protection is running, it will flood your computer with fake security alert and notifications from Windows task bar.
As you can see, Malware Protection is absolutely useless and what is more, even dangerous software. Most importantly, do not purchase it. Instead, please use the Malware Protection removal guide or the steps below in order to remove this malware from your computer for free.
How to remove Malware Protection
1. Reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking by doing the following:
- reboot your computer;
- after hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, keep tapping F8;
- instead of Windows loading as normal, Windows Advanced Options menu should appear;
- select second option Safe mode with networking and then press ENTER
2. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When installation is complete, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
3. Once the program has loaded you will see a screen like below.
4. Select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. When the scan is done, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. You will see a list of malware that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware found on your computer. Note: list of malware may be different than what is shown in the screen below.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - lists of malicious software
5. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. Once disinfection is finished, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
If the instructions does not help you, then ask for help in the Spyware removal forum.
Malware Protection associated files%AppData%\defender.exe
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Malware Protection.lnk
Malware Protection associated registry keysHKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\[RANDOM]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN | Malware Protection